A Journey with Love and Laughter

Read about our family as we journey through life as a family, with siblings, school and spina bifida, and lots of fun and laughter along the way!

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pirate Ship Makeover

I already posted about creating Nick's Halloween jolly wheeler/walker. But when I looked at the pictures (and of course showed them around) they just didn't pop the way I wanted them to.
I wasn't happy about how plain it looked.

So I went out and got a whole bunch of foam 'paper' from the dollar store (including a whole roll of yellow, orange and red) and tried to make things pop!

So I needed some new inspiration.


I started with some bright accessories

A captain's wheel


An anchor

 
A pirate flag
 
 
A treasure chest
With treasure of course! (jewels, gold coins and a king's crown)
 

These ones can all transfer back and forth between the wheeler and walker.

To the actual boats I updated the look too
A nice sparkly name!


I added a new deck (this is where the roll of foam came in)
And a 'figure head' sticker (I did quickly consider trying a lalaloopsy doll to the front, but thought it might traumatize Katheryn)


I put on some port holes


I updated the jolly walker too


Some chain, port holes and water

 

Trying out the telescope


Can't forget the pirate!

 
Oh Uh a Sneaky Thief!
 

Sorry, no sneak peak for the costumes until Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. I LOL'ed at the LalaLoopsy! We contemplated using one of the girls stuffies in ours as well, but figured it would be equally traumatic. I love the updates! Looks fab, he is going to be such a star tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete